Verizon is pushing out ANOTHER Froyo update, this time including official Adobe Flash Player support in the package. If you haven't gotten this update yet, you can get it here! You can download the update.zip right here, copy it to your SD card and install it directly!
NOTE: You need to have previously installed Android 2.2 FRG01B to apply this update!
(NOTE: Download to your PC and copy to your phone over USB to avoid "Signature verification failed. Installation aborted" issues caused by corrupt downloads!)
1) Download update.zip here!
2) Copy update.zip to the root of your SD card.
3) Shut off your DROID.
4) Turn on your DROID while holding down the physical X key on the keyboard.
5) When you see the exclamation image, like below, press the volume up and camera keys at the same time.
6) Using the D-Pad select the "apply sdcard:update.zip" and press the center (gold) button.
7) Watch the update install and enjoy Android v2.2 with Flash support (FRG22D)!
You can now find Flash from Adobe in the Android Market!
Another method of 1-tap rooting your Motorola Droid has just come out of the shadows!
Universal Androot works a lot like EasyRoot does, but costs infinitely less. Although EasyRoot was removed from the Android market, Unstable Apps introduced a method of using keys to charge for their application.
In search of new methods to root the Motorola Droid, I stumbled across Universal Androot. I tested it on my Droid running Froyo and I can confirm that it can root a stock v2.2 FRG01B Droid.
You can download Universal Androot at Android Super User, and follow the (extremely simple) instructions provided on that page.
As mentioned on that page, if you try Universal Androot with another device please leave a comment about whether it did or did not work.